Our grab bag this semester was truly awesome. We were able to see many different types of web applications and how they can be used in the classroom. For those who missed it, here are the highlights.
- Tony Cimasko demonstrated how scribd.com can be used for commenting and sharing documents with students using various levels of privacy.
- Chanon Adsanatham showed us how easy it is use Xtranormal.
- Kevin Rutherford highlighted some tricks to using polling for peer commenting and class feedback.
- Brent Simoneaux presented how Google Ngram can be used in ENG112 (and our own research).
- Reid Wegner showed different ways he has used Freedom, a program that shuts off your internet.
- And finally, Lance Cummings illustrated bubbl.us as a simple tool for invention and reflection that makes use of flowcharts.