This blog is a discussion space for teachers affiliated with the Digital Writing Collaborative at Miami University. Although we maintain a more formal website which details are misssion, goals, and ongoing research at http://www.muohio.edu/dwc, this blog is a space where we can informally share ideas with one another about teaching writing with digital technologies. (Eventually, this blog may become a part of our formal site, but we a currently in an exploratory stage where we are just trying it out).
On this blog, we will likely share:
- descriptions of (and materials for) course assignments and activities.
- tips for teaching in laptop and hard-wired classrooms.
- announcements of and notes from DWC teas and workshops.
- links to (and annotations of) resources useful for teaching digital writing.
- links to public websites for digital writing courses taught in Miami’s English Department.
- reflections on digital pedagogy in general (though we’ll obviously avoid discussions of particular students).
If you are a Miami University instructor (current or former) who is interested in digital pedagogy, you can join our blog and start making posts. To do this, you’ll need to go to wordpress.com and set up an account. Then, you can email Denise Landrum (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jason Palmeri (email@example.com) to let us know the email that you used sign up for your wordpress account. We will then give you permission to post to the site.
Note: Any posts on this site represent the individual opinions of particular people and do not necessarily reflect the options of the Digital Writing Collaborative, the First Year Writing Program, or Miami University.